Thursday, January 22, 2015

Period 3 - Semester Final


  1. My favorite picture in the Lens slideshow is #9. I like how the deer and bird are a silhouette instead of being completely visible. I also like how the background is foggy, because it makes the picture mysterious and more interesting. Also I like how the person framed the photo, because it made the picture more captivating by having the tree's branches slightly in the picture.
  2. Although I think #9 is a more interesting picture, #2 is most likely the best because it has perfect lighting and shows a lot of emotion of the people being photographed. It also would have been a much harder picture to take because of everything else that is happening when trying to take the picture.
  3. I believe that this is one of the best photos that I have taken because it has great lighting and I like the way the background is blurred. Also I like the way I framed the picture to make the pinecone slightly shifted to the left, making it a more interesting picture. http://gr8j8.blogspot.com/2014/10/blog-post.html
  4. My three rules of composition are rule of thirds, background, and balance.
  5. Here is a picture that I took about 2 weeks ago on top of a hill overlooking the bay. This picture shows 2 of my rules, background and balance.
  6. Your first rule is the rule of thirds.
  7. #1 Working in a group allows you to ask other people for help when you need it. #2 You can give and receive feedback on something that you did. #3 By working in groups a task can be completed faster. #4 If you did something wrong, a group member can catch that mistake and fix it. #5 By working together it develops new approaches to solving problems.
  8. #1 Having to compromise with other people and their ideas can be hard. #2 If there is no leader who is willing to take action in the group, it is hard to coordinate things. #3 When doing group work one person may be slower than the others. #4 Some of the people in the group do not enjoy photography as much as others in the group. #5 Arguing with each other about how we want to do something can cause the work that actually needs to be done to become delayed.
  9. http://kevanmathisphoto.blogspot.com/2015/01/album-cover-recreation.html
  10. The photographer was Edward Muybridge who took stop motion photography of people and objects. He was one of the first photographers to capture motion in his photos and he was famous for his landscape photos of Yosemite and San Francisco that took great physical risks in order to get the image that he wanted.
  11. Dorothea Langue's most popular photo was known as "Migrant Mother". "Migrant Mother" is one of a series of photographs that Dorothea Langue made of Florence Owens Thompson and her children in February or March of 1936 in Nipomo, California. She was employed by the Resettlement Administration, which later became known as the Farm Security Administration.
  12. Henry R. Luce was the founder of life magazine. The first issue of Life Magazine was published on November 23, 1936.
  13. He was co-founder of Magnum Photos. The organization started in 1947.
  14. The "Falling Soldier" was taken on September 5, 1936 during the Spanish Civil War.





No comments:

Post a Comment